TC81: LIFT MANAGEMENT - HALF DAY COURSE
09:30 – 17:00
London ARMA Offices SW19 4DP
A half-day course, which will introduce managing agents and property managers to lifts, lift maintenance and their responsibilities under legislation. Participants will gain an understanding of how a lift functions, lift maintenance management, applicable codes and standards and how to plan for when a lift reaches the end of its service life.
What the course covers:
What is a lift?
- Lift types
- Lift operation
- Lift components
Regulation and standards:
- The difference between codes, standards and regulations
- Lift design and health and safety standards
- Lift regulations Other applicable legislation
- Responsibilities of the managing agent
Lift maintenance and maintenance management:
- Service contract types
- Maintenance costs
- Managing your lift portfolio
- Routine checks
Lift life cycles and future options:
- Determining the condition of your lift
- When to stop maintaining and start replacing
- Refurbishment vs replacement Timescales.
This course is aimed at estate managers, property managers and anyone who is responsible for the management of a lift within their building.