Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Looking to build upon your finance experience? Then role below is for you!
We are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to assist our Chief Executive Officer to develop the Institute’s financial strategy, support its objectives and oversee financial compliance. You will be responsible for a small finance team. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to a respected Institute and help shape its future.
Budgeting and management reporting
- Calculate the annual budgeting process with CEO & Board.
- Provide accurate and timely management reports which meet the needs of the Institute, key performance indicators and statistical data. Lead the year end accounts preparation process and quarterly reporting for the CEO & Board against forecasts and budget.
- Prepare cash flow projects and develop a strategy for long term cash deposits.
- Support the CEO in risk management, compliance and internal controls.
- Extensive experience of working in a finance department with knowledge of day-to-day financial procedures and controls.
- Experience of working for a research/Institute organisation would be ideal or in industry/trade preferred
- Experience of operational aspects of payment processing, ledgers, credit control, payroll, expenses, bookkeeping
- Experience as a contact for external audit, banking and other external contacts.
- Ability to financially manage several projects at any one time such as new database & new system.
- Involvement in stages from research, negotiating, budgeting, measuring financial impact and reporting to CEO & Board.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word skills and Quickbooks experience is preferred.
- A willingness to learning about new software and systems are necessary.
- Good communication skills and ability to present financial performance to lay people at quarterly board meetings.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
The post is a part time role, based at our offices in Central London and equating to approximately 75 days per year. During quieter periods, we would see this as one day per week, increasing to 2 days per week approaching the quarterly board meetings, end of year accounts and when helping project teams with the implementation of major projects. Our day rate is £250 per day.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £250.00 /day