Why Work for Us?
- The chance to work for a company that will invest in your professional development and support growth in your career
- Working for an industry leading brand that have been awarded titles such as “Employer of the Year”, “Property Management Company of the Year” and one of the “Best Places to Work in Property in 2018”
- A chance to work alongside some of the most respected professionals in the Block Management industry
- A fantastic team culture and work environment
- A stable, solid career path which will provide you with numerous opportunities
About the Company:
We’re a national, award-winning Property Management Company that continuously challenges the norm of the industry we work in. Having experienced such rapid growth, we now have exciting new plans in place to help drive the business forward, implementing stronger processes and procedures along the way and launching new training and development concepts internally.
We’re a company that values our employees. A company that genuinely cares and rewards hard work. As a company that does things as a team, you’ll be right there with us when we celebrate our achievements. You’ll get spruced up to attend industry events and team socials. Two high points on their calendar are our summer and Christmas parties – both opportunities to pat ourselves on the back for our hard work and to enjoy socialising with colleagues. We remain on the same page and working towards achieving common goals by holding full company quarterly meetings (usually in a cinema!) to discuss objectives for the next quarter and hold mini award ceremonies for those that have exceeded expectations and been nominated by their peers.
We’re different to the rest. To us, you’ll never be just a number. We know this is a big promise, especially for a company of our size, but our amazing, extremely dedicated Senior Management Team are always ensuring we remain as one, and not a large corporate machine. We have plans to be the biggest and the best in the industry, but we know that’s only possible if we do it together. Whilst we continue to grow, we work hard to ensure that our service levels and our team’s job satisfaction are never affected.
The Opportunity and Office Environment:
Due to increased expansion across the business, we are now looking to take on a new, customer focused, team-orientated Property Management Assistant to join our Customer Care Team based in our vibrant, fast-paced Head Office in Essex. Alongside the other members of the Customer Care Team, your role will be to provide support to the Property Management Teams and be the first point of contact for all customer enquiries, providing exceptional customer service to leaseholders, clients, contractors and others who engage with the company. As our new Property Management Assistant, your duties will include:
- Liaising with customers over the phone to understand the reason for their call and take the necessary steps to resolve the matter in the first instance.
- Communicating with customers through Live Chat via the website to field any enquiries and to deal with any queries in the first instance.
- Dealing with incoming post and attempt to deal with all correspondence upon receipt.
- Responding to emails sent to the customer care inbox and ensure that they are dealt with within 48 hours of receipt. Work to ensure that wherever possible the email is responded to in full without the need for the Property Managers involvement.
- Sending out all mailings including preparing mail merges, printing and enveloping.
- Working with contractors including raising works orders, chasing contractors for information, and generally obtaining updates about ongoing works as and when necessary.
- Processing supplier invoices to ensure that these are uploaded and ready for approval.
- Actioning site visit reports to instruct any necessary works, raise works orders as required, send out site wide communication as necessary, ensure that any health and safety action items are updated etc.
You’ll be based from our office in Harlow. We’d describe this office as “organised chaos” (in a good way!), it’s a busy office and we all bounce off each other’s vibes. We enjoy a laugh and have been known to hold hoverboard races around the office, but we do get our heads down and work hard to achieve success. We are all very driven and focused so don’t mistake us for anything less than hardworking!
We have a full break out area complete with ping-pong and pool tables, surrounded by pictures of our team from over the years. We also have a full kitchen and seating area, so you can enjoy your lunch away from your desk.
Working in our Customer Care Team:
Our mission is to deliver services clients want in a way that customers need. We recognize that this is a big task, especially in the Property Management sector. As we grow as a business it is important that we find the most effective way to support our Property Managers to enable us to succeed in achieving our mission and our vision. The implementation of the Customer Care Team is one of the biggest changes we have made as an organisation to achieve this. The Customer Care Team has been implemented to ensure:
- Increased consistency in service delivery across all our regions.
- All customer enquiries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Our people on the front line, our Property Managers, have access to the support they need all year round.
- The administration workload is distributed across a team rather than having individuals responsible for entire regions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- A strong team player with the willingness to lend a helping hand
Whilst we’re about experience, we’re also very much about mindset. You need to show passion, commitment and energy.
If you don’t meet the requirements for this role, give us a call to discuss other opportunities available that might be better suited to your experience, or “create an account” with us on our website, so we can stay in touch and let you know when other roles come up. Everyone is of value to us.
- Block Management experience
- Industry related qualifications such as IRPM / RICS / IOSH
Salary Range & Benefits:
This position is paying a competitive salary of £20,000 per annum for the successful candidate plus an attractive benefits package.