This career opportunity is exclusive to and only available through Block Recruit
What will joining this company do for you?
- Support with Industry qualifications
- Mentoring from senior team members
- Supportive & collaborative working environment
- Attendance of industry events
- Working in a relaxed, efficient small team that is growing
- We know reputation is important not only for the business but also for the people that work there
To efficiently manage a property portfolio, offering outstanding customer service to all clients. Maintaining the value of assets in line with the resident’s requests and financial position. Managing the portfolio in accordance with RICS Codes of Practice, ARMA rules, and landlord and tenant legislation.
Total Unit Count: 500
Geographical Spread: Southampton and London
Portfolio Type: New Build & Conversions
- Ensure the smooth running of your portfolio
- Proactively manage your portfolio in accordance with the management agreement and terms of the lease
- Management of all contractors
- Drafting and serving S20 notices for major works
- Project management of major works
- Co-ordinate, chair and attend AGM’s
- Draft and prepare agenda/ minutes for board meetings
- Corresponding with residents/ developers/ RMC’s
- Encouraging a harmonious relationship between all parties
- Dealing with conflict resolution
- Management of on-site staff
- Service charge budgeting & ground rent collection
- Approval of invoices for payment
- Ensuring all properties in the portfolio are insured including dealing with all claims, renewals and enquiries regarding the policy
- Representation at FTT (First Tier Tribunal)
- Ensuring the lease terms are adhered to and dealing with any breaches
- Responding to deed transfers/ Licence to Alter/ Lease variations/ Lease extensions
- Regular site visits, checking health & safety/ maintenance works required
- Fire Risk Assessments & RAMS (Risk Assessments & Method Statements)
- Management of ACOP L8 (Legionnaires’ disease)
Technical Knowledge Required:
Landlord & Tenant Act 1985
Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Team Player
- Hands-on and able to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with a willingness to help others
- Passion to deal with and resolve problems relating to a property
- Provide exemplary service to clients
- High level of discretion and diplomacy
- Resilient, able to work under pressure
- 1+ years’ Block Management experience
- Full working knowledge of Service Charge budgets, Section 20 notices and relevant law/regulations (Landlord & Tenant Act 1985)
- Experience in chairing AGM’s and carrying out site inspections
- Industry-related qualifications such as IRPM / RICS / IOSH
If you don’t meet the requirements for this role, call the Block Recruit team to see what other roles we may have which could fit your current level of experience or “create an account” with us on our website, so we can stay in touch and let you know when other roles to come up.
Salary Range & Benefits
This position is paying a competitive salary of £25K - £35K depending on experience.
Once we have received your CV you can expect to get a call or email within 24 hours. Unfortunately, if you don’t meet the minimum requirements for this position then you may not be contacted for this role. However, we would still love to discuss other opportunities suitable to your current skill set and experience and how we can assist you in your employment search. Give us a call for a confidential career consultation.
Contact: Alice Cadfan-Lewis
www.blockrecruit.co.uk | 020 3900 0401 | firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY USE BLOCK RECRUIT? Our Current Stats:
96% of respondents rated our service as excellent.
92% of respondents rated the level of briefing given about the company & opportunity as excellent.
92% of respondents rated us as excellent against other agencies they have used in the past.
91% of respondents rated our speed of response as excellent.
94% of respondents rated our service levels during the recruitment process as excellent.
100% of respondents said they would recommend Block Recruit to friends or colleagues in the future.
Award winner of News of the Blocks “2019 Recruitment Company of The Year” for having strong Values and Ethics which shape the way we work.