If you are looking for Senior level progression, training, more autonomy in your role and a supportive office environment then look no further. Our client is a well-established family run company with a focus on providing excellence to all of their customers. They have recently experienced growth and have some exciting ambitions for the future and they want you to be a part of it!
Our client is a multi-disciplined firm of Chartered Surveyors and their Block Management division continues to grow from strength to strength. Their portfolio covers London and the South East, with plenty of new Properties coming on all the time. To keep up with demand our client now requires a new, experienced and career driven Senior Property Manager to join the team and help them continue to succeed.
As the Senior Property Manager, you will be responsible for a dedicated portfolio of Leasehold property for a range of clients including Freehold investors and Residents Management Companies mainly focused in the Greater London area. To succeed in this role, you must have an excellent technical knowledge of the Block Management industry, proven track record in managing your own portfolio, good financial and analytical skills, good presentation skills and a confident and professional manner when dealing with clients and residents.
You must have strong communication skills, good leadership and teamwork skills to enable effective collaboration with fellow members of staff in the management of your portfolio as you will be working closely with a supportive team. They are a close-knit team with a friendly and hardworking office environment. You will be working alongside likeminded property experts from a newly refurbished, well equipped, modern & spacious office based near Maidstone in Kent.
In this role you will be working closely with the Head of Block Management, getting involved in winning new business, converting opportunities with the chance to earn commission on each new development you bring in.
You will have the help and support of senior staff for assistance and guidance with your work and a mentor for the further development of your career in Block Management, with opportunity for further career progression & development within the firm. You will be ambitious and be willing to prove yourself in order to take the next step to a more Senior position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a dedicated portfolio of Leasehold properties.
- Attending site as required to carry out routine inspections.
- Working with and managing the Accounts & Maintenance departments.
- Managing and overseeing works in respect of your portfolio, delegating and overseeing fellow staff as required.
- Preparing annual service charge budgets.
- Monitoring expenditures against annual budgets.
- Signing off invoices for approved maintenance expenditure.
- Handling planned and reactive maintenance scenarios including preparing and issuing section 20 Consultation Notices.
- Preparing works orders for issue to contractors. Overseeing contractors works.
- Attending and (often) hosting resident’s meetings (usually in evenings) in respect of your portfolio.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Block Management is required.
- IRPM qualification required, or equivalent.
- Good understanding of prevailing legislation; in particular Landlord & Tenant Act
- Good comprehension of Health & Safety regulations.
- A full UK driving licence.
Salary Range & Benefits
The salary on offer is between £33,000 - £38,000 PA dependent on your qualifications and experience in the industry. The working hours are Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm, although evening meetings with clients are required on occasion. The company will offer support and training through IRPM qualifications.
Once we have received your CV you can expect to get a call or email within 1 week. Unfortunately, if you don’t meet the minimum requirements for this position then you may not be considered or contacted for this role. However, we would still love to discuss other opportunities suitable to your experiences and how we can assist you in your employment search.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing and ambitious firm, with the chance to train and progress within the team.
Contact: Mike Barlow | Block Recruit | Mike@blockrecruit.co.uk
www.blockrecruit.co.uk | t. 0207 631 7969 | skype. Block.recruit