TC51 PROPERTY TRANSFER - IMPLICATIONS FOR PROPERTY MANAGERS
09:30 – 17:00
Manchester - M3 2EQ
A one day training course enabling those involved with property transfers to read leases constructively and deal confidently and safely with the process to ensure a smooth transfer of the property to the purchaser.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT:
- Locate and interpret the specific Lease Covenants relating to Transfers of Property, identifying the actions required by the relevant parties (e.g. Property Managers, Conveyancers, Leaseholders, etc.).
- Identify the responsibilities of the Conveyancer – Including the use of LP1 forms over Ad-Hoc information requests, etc.
- Complete an LP1 document accurately and as completely as is appropriate for the purposes of the transfer.
- Clarify and avoid the potential pitfalls associated with providing inaccurate information or prejudicial information that has not been requested.
- Identify the requirements for/compliance with: Licences to assign, Deeds of Covenant, Certificates to satisfy restrictions at the Land Registry, etc. – when and why they may be required.
- Stock transfer forms and issuing new share certificates (dealing with lost Certificates!).
- Receipting notices of transfer and / or charge.
- Ensure all charges due are accounted for and paid to the point of transfer. (This includes any remedial action that may be allowed if an account is not cleared.)
- Deal appropriately with possible year end deficits/credits as part of the conveyance process.
- Identify the key elements of effective welcome correspondence to new leaseholders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Legal staff who need to understand the requirements of the lease in the transfer of property
- Property managers whose input is required during the property transfer
- It may also be suitable for any other members of staff who are involved in property transfer and Company Secretary duties
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK YOUR PLACE